Indulge me while I quickly type out a time capsule of sorts. Life in our house is harried as we try to organize, clean, plan and pack while trying to maintain some semblance of normalcy for the sake of the little ones. Of course, there is no fooling going on; Eden and even Judah, on some level, know something is up, and on top of the obvious deviations from the normal schedule, they have both thrown in their own wild cards. This week, Judah has contributed hard-core teething and an insatiable desire to play and nurse multiple times throughout the night. Good times. Eden's play is more expected, but more pronounced: she has perfected the Supra-Whine and the kicking screaming tantrum. (Why oh why did I set the time out spot on the wooden staircase where stomping size 8 boots become so very un-ignorable?) I have been making a point to ease up on the rigidity in my to-do list when I'm home to sit still and look into my children's eyes when we play, rather than feign interest and participation in their activities while attempting to accomplish some of my own. They know the difference, and so do I. And lest I forget where our kids were during this transitional point in the life of our family, I'm adding some of my favorite pictures taken this week. 
A little argumentative, but so darn cute

I am so not kidding about the intricacies of her color sense...

Playing Peek-a-Boo with momma

Well-rested after a nice nap
Oh oh oh, I can't WAIT to get my new lens and really build on the incredible knowledge I gained from my workshop last weekend. January maybe? :)
4 comments:
My favorites are the 'pink' shots...Eden's crayons and Judah's post-nap cheeks. The best.
love them all :) did you make edens hat? its adorable!
Love Judah's rosey cheeks! You will soon get to pick a new time out location, probably a carpeted one!
BEAUTIFUL pictures!...all of them!!
Post a Comment